1 cup Almonds with skins still on
2 cups boiling water
1-1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Tbs Honey or Maple Syrup
Up to 2 liters of cold water (without chlorine)
Directions: For 2 liters of milk
• Put 1 cup of almonds into a 2-cup measure.
• Fill the measuring cup with boiling water.
• Allow the almonds to soak, preferably overnight,
• Drain. Pour hot water over the almonds then roll the almonds between your fingers; the skins should pop off.
• Put the peeled almonds in the blender with 2 cups of cold (chlorine-free) water.
• Run the blender at least five minutes.
• Place the jelly bag into the top of the pitcher and secure it, pour in the almond milk.
• Squeeze the jelly bag to get the liquid out.
• Put the pulp back into the blender with two more cups of cold water and repeat the process.
• After the third blending pour some of your almond milk back into the blender and add 1-1/2 tsp. pure Vanilla extract and 3 Tbs Honey or Maple Syrup while blending.
• Return the sweetened milk back into the pitcher and top it up with cold water.
• Save the pulp for baking in cookies and cakes.
Stir before serving, as some of the residual pulp and sweetener settles to the bottom.