This recipe feeds 6
2 tablespoons ‘cold pressed’ Olive Oil
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
12 large Tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
Water as needed
2 teaspoons of Thyme
1/4 cup of Cream or Vanilla Yogurt
2 tablespoons Butter
2 teaspoons of Salt
add Pepper to taste
– Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
– Add onions and garlic and continue to cook until translucent.
– Add tomatoes and sugar and cook for 5 more minutes, stir in thyme, then cook for about 25 minutes.
– Purée the soup with a food processor or blender.
– Pour purée through a food mill or rub it against the sides of a strainer, over a pot using a wooden spoon.
– If you wish, you can add water until you reach your desired consistency.
– For a very rich taste, you can stir in cream or butter.
– Season with salt and pepper.
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, chopped chives or croutons that have been toasted, then tossed in melted butter and herbs.